Oasis is a powder and inkjet 3D printer (3DP) that uses older inkjet technology to print an object. HP45 inkjet printheads jetting binder are used to bind powder locally. This part can then be cleaned and treated to create an 3D object.
3DP can print in several materials to get several results:
Oasis (and my other 3DP printers as well) were developed to add powder and inkjet 3D printing to the list of open source 3D printers.
- Gypsum: For full color parts if printed with a color. Infiltrated with CA afterwards;
- Sand: For sandcasting moulds;
- Sugar: For edible prints;
- Ceramics: For printing stoneware. Parts need to be fired afterward;
- Metals: With a lot of post processing;
Oasis is not a finished printer, rather a working prototype. Software and hardware may have quirks.
- Build size: Ø84mm x 100mm;
- Printhead: HP45;
- Printhead DPI: 600;
- Printhead swatch size: 300 nozzles, 0.5" (12.7mm)