The Dtto v1.0 Robot is a modular transformable robot designed to be versatile, flexible and self-reconfigurable. The idea of modular robots is that they can adopt any shape they want, by changing the position and the connection of their modules.
This robot is aimed for research on modular self-reconfigurable robots and educational purposes. It is designed to allow multiple modules to communicate, mechanically connect and disconnect and to work collaboratively in the locomotion, self-reconfigurability and efficient movement.
The versatility of the robot will allow it, in the future, to be able to perform rescue operations, exploration of unknown environments and space exploration.
In future works, the modules will have built in camera, ultra-sound sensor, gyroscope, accelerometer, magnetometer… The possibilities are endless.
Dtto key features:
- Small and self-contained robot
- Fully 3D printable
- Self-reconfiguration capabilities
- Bluetooth + Radio communication
- Multiple locomotion modes (snake, wheel, walker...)
- Rechargable batteries
- Simulation model validated
- Cheap modules (<55 USD)
- Open Source Hardware and Software
- FIRST OPEN-SOURCE SELF-RECONFIGURABLE MODULAR ROBOT!
Dtto is made from modules:
Hackaday project homepage:
Dtto was inspired by high-end MTRAN3 robot system: