Here is the presentation of their Crawlbot large area CNC router that can cut standard 4x8 or even larger sheets. It moves along the surface on a sort of wheels and doesn't have a full rigid metal frame in all axis. It looks like it is optimized for low cost and simpler operations on large surface like cutting OpenDesk furniture modules. Z-axis height is very limited, but this is the price you pay.
It is priced at 3499 USD.
Video guide on how to set it up:
Crawlbot in operation, cutting standard plywood sheet:
- Model: 1509
- Construction: Powder coated steel and aluminum body
- Belt & Pulleys: HTD5
- Footprint: Standing up for storage 15″ x 11″
- Overall Dimensions: 15″ x 66″ x 11″ (L x W x H)
- Cut Area: 4′ x 8′ (Initially __ x __, until you cut your own table)
- Initial Setup: Mount your router. Install your belts and tensioners. Install your software.
- Frame Pieces: Powder coated steel as well as machined and water jet aluminum construction
- Electronics: TinyG – https://www.synthetos.com/project/tinyg/
- Power: 24v Power Supply
- Router: Makita 1 1/4 HP Compact Router
- Lead Time: 2 weeks
- Weight: 75lbs (with packaging)
- Dimensions: ~ 19″ x 70″ x 15″ (L x W x H)
Here is the review by MAKE:
Printrbot Crawlbot homepage: