Here is the summary from the Indiegogo campaign page:
Aakar means Shape in Hindi. Aakar Brainboard v2 is a modular CNC controller board based on LPC1768/69 Cortex-M3 chip. Due to its modular design it allows easier upgrades as per requirements and easy replacement if there is any broken part. It runs on open source Smoothie modular firmware and is targeted at 3D Printers, Laser cutters, CNC Mills, Pick and Place and other small or Mid-size CNC machines. Upgrade your machines for higher performance and features.
Here is more detailed presentation:
Aakar Brainboard v2 tech specs:
- NXP LPC 1768 32-bits Cortex-M3 MCU, running at 100Mhz. 512kB Flash, 64kB RAM.
- Drag and drop flashing : simply drop a new firmware file to the Aakar drive to update.
- USB2 Composite device : shows to the computer as both a Serial device, and a Mass Storage device ( exposing the SD-card).
- Up to 3 through hole 10A, Mosfets sharing a power circuit.
- Up to 2 Mosfets with options of regulated 12V output for Fans.
- One Mosfet with separate power supply 20A, up to 36V.
- One optically isolated DPDT relay ~240V,5A for driving AC loads like milling tools or vacuum pumps.
- Regulated 5V and 12V headers.
- Two standard servo connector powered from onboard 5V regulator.
- 4 Thermistor (12-bit ADC ) inputs.
- 6 Endstop inputs.
- Play/Pause LED and Button
- Connector for Serial Graphic LCD Panel with encoder and buzzer.
- SD bootloader customized for Aakar Brainboard allows drag and drop firmware upgrades.
- Runs the highly-modular Smoothieware firmware.
- 3 to 5 Allegro A4983 or DRV8825 stepper driver modules.
- Each capable of driving bipolar steppers up to 35V and 2A(DRV8825).
- Microstepping control of individual stepper to give greater flexibility.
- True single input power operation by configuring jumpers(by default jupers are configured in this state).
- Main 12-24V (Stepper drivers ) power can be connected using a 5mm screw terminal or standard 2x2 ATX CPU power connector.
- 5V input can be taken directly from the USB cable or supplied by a 5V switching regulator installed on the board.
- Series fused input for heated bed MOSFET with seperate power input.
- Regulated 12V and regulated 5V headers.
- 1 SPI connector with selectable 3.3V or 5V vcc.
- 1 SPI/UART connector with selectable 3.3V or 5V vcc
- 1 I2C connector with selectable 3.3V or 5V pull-ups and vcc.
- 1 I2C/UART connector with selectable 3.3V or 5V vcc.
- 1 UART connector FTDI cable compatible pinout.
- All GPIO pins broken out on headers.
- 4 LEDs.
- Stepper signal pins are broken out for connection external stepper drivcers.
- Serial graphic LCD panel with rotary encoder or push button control panel, many connectivity options.
- Dimensions are 110x150mm.