ProtoCycler description from the IndieGogo page:
ProtoCycler is a new product that allows you to recycle waste plastic into valuable 3D printer filament - safely, quickly, and easily! It comes complete with a built in grinder, intelligent computer control, safety certification, and real time diameter feedback, so anyone can make their own filament hassle free. It also saves you a *TON* of money! Even the cheapest spools are around $30 to buy new, and they can certainly cost much more than that. ProtoCycler lets you make the same 1 kilogram spools for just $5...and if you recycle, your spools are FREE!ProtoCycler technical specifications:
This means that ProtoCycler will pay for itself in just 10-20 spools - and as anyone who 3D prints knows, this doesn't take all that long. Never mind all the waste you'll divert from the trash bin. Simply put, if you 3D print, you need ProtoCycler!
- Diameter tolerance: +/- 0.02mm
- Extrusion speed: Up to 10 ft/minute
- Electrical usage: 60 W Average
- Dimensions: 14" x 12" x 10"
- Grinder input: 5" x 5"
- Hopper Capacity: Expandable
- Max Temp: All metal hot end for 400+ C
- Price: 799 USD range
- First consumer extruder with UL certification
- First extruder with grinder for built in recycling
- First extruder with diameter feedback and computer control
- Distributed Spooling
- Automatic start up and shut down
- Full Manual mode for hacking
- Open source software and community
- Beautiful brushed aluminium enclosure
- Patent pending MixFlow extrusion technology
|Comparison of ProtoCycler to other filament extruders, bot DIY and prosumer models|
ProtoCycler video presentation:
Company page: http://www.redetec.com/