Here is a new movement module in form of a Cre8tor Industries 13" or 21" linear rail guided positioning axis with only 2.5 microns backlash. It could be used in machine development and very likely in functional digital fabrication unit (CNC or 3d printer).
- 13” or 21” travel
- 2.5”x3”x22” outer dimension (as is, without motor)
- ¼-20 threaded holes on a 1.5”x2” hole pattern, which matches three mounting locations along the axis
- Can be used with Nema 17 or Nema 23 motor
- Complementary hole pattern in three spots along the rail that can bolt to the puck
- Inspected to be within 10 micron accuracy and 5 micron backlash
- Compatible with Mach 3, Grbl, Sprinter, Marlin, and most all 3D printing software. (Anything exporting step and direction signals).
- Price: current pricing options on Kickstarter range from $150 for the 13” and $205 for the 21” version
It is on Kickstarter now:
Company homepage (they are based in Portland, Oregon):
This powered linear rail axis can be used in all dimensional configurations:
Schematics of the Inventor's Axis: