The Origin is a new machine on the scene developed by Zeni Kinetic.
Origin Prime features:
- 300mm x 300mm x 300mm (12 x 12 x 12 inches) build area
- Single extruder with your choice of .35mm or .5mm nozzle with fan.
- Uses 1.75mm filament. Prints with: PLA and any filament up to 230C that does not require a heated bed.
- Print cooling fan
- Resolution down to 75 micron layer height.
- Max layer height = .8 x your nozzle size. ie .5mm nozzle can do up to .4mm layers for faster prints.
- Print speeds up to 150mm / sec.
- Easy bed leveling
- Internal plate aluminum frame.
- Fully enclosed mechanics.
- Easy access to internal components
- Fully upgradeable.
- Advanced options can be added at any time.
- Fully assembled and tested.
- USB connection for PC control
- Includes all features of Prime package, with the additions of:
- Dual extruders with your choice of .35mm or .5mm nozzles
- Heated bed: Up to 120 C.
- Removable build plate constructed from high quality tempered glass for easy and safe print removal. Borosilicate glass build plates will be available early next year on our website and possibly as a stretch goal for the kickstarter, lets see how many of you want them first.
- Dual filament bays for use with: PLA, ABS, HIPS, PVA and most other filament materials, up to 250C.
- Includes all features of Prime and Plus packages, with the additions of:
- Upgraded controller: NXP LPC 1768/9 32-bit Cortex-M3 MCU LCD controller for standalone operation.
- SD Card slot.
- Network connection port allows you to check status and control the printer from any smart phone, tablet or web-enabled computer authorized on your network.
- Print speeds up to 200 mm / sec.
- Easy bed leveling with auto software calibration sensor.
Zeni Kinetic homepage:
It is on Kickstarter now where you can get it for 650 USD as "early bird" special:
Key features as advertised on Kickstarter campaign:
- The Zeni Kinetic Origin comes in 6 attractive color variations: Dark Grey, Light Grey, Blue, Red, Aqua, and Raspberry. We will be sending out a survey at the end of our Kickstarter funding period with the option to choose which color you would like best on your Origin printer.
- Our printer arrives fully assembled and ready to print, but it has been designed with accessibility and upgrade-ability in mind. With our dedication to Open Source development, the ability to tinker and modify is built in to the printer itself.
- We manufacture both the filament and printer, so you know exactly where all parts of your project are coming from. This gives us the added ability to price the printers at a much more affordable rate.
- No, you are not required to purchase filament from us. We have designed every aspect of the Origin to allow you the greatest flexibility possible, and that includes printing mediums.
- We want you to feel freedom in every aspect of 3-D printing. Our machines are sturdy yet elegant, leaving both the top, front, and back open for adjustability and easy access to prints.
- The Origin's size makes it large enough to print substantial pieces, without sacrificing affordability.
- We also offer the distinctive option of multiple extruder heads (we know you are excited about the creative implications of that)! We have retained the Open Source mounting and mating of hot ends, allowing you to use any hot end that conforms to standard designs
- We use 3/16ths plate aluminum for the ribs, sturdy 10mm linear ball bearings, and huge 5/16ths z axis screws. It may look pretty but there is nothing timid about this machine.
- Experimentation is key with the Origin! You are not limited by an enclosed box, and we have included slotted extrusion at both the top and bottom of the printer to allow you to add any experimental devices or attachments you can imagine.
- There is plenty of room to experiment with custom controllers, additional electronics or mechanical.
- Your printer will function for years without major maintenance or changes but we fully expect (and want) some of our customers to modify their printers, and offer kits, or designs and models to help other do the same. Exploration is a trait we value at Zeni Kinetic, and we want our customers to benefit from that same spirit.
- The Origin is one of the only printers on the market that begs you to make it into something else. The future of 3-D printing is not limited to plastic, so why should the Origin be? Our printer as been created with an unlimited future in mind: for the foodie—candy, pizza, and waffle printing is on the horizon; metal and ceramic options will be available for the builders and sculptors of society. The ability to print directly from pellets or ground plastic is currently being explored by one group and the number will surely grow. We want even the bio-printing sphere of the medical field to have options with the Origin. These advancements may be a few years down the road but we do not believe that 3-D printing is just a passing fad, and the Origin is a fantastic base to begin from.
I wish Zeni crew all the best with their endeavor!
Yes yes, every day a new 3d printer emerges. How to make any difference among them ... but I think that competition and consumer choice are great things ...