RepRapPro just release Ormerod 2 3d printer which features many improvements over the first version and the lower price.
Oremerod 2 tech specs:
- Full open-source self-replicating RepRap
- New 32-bit Arduino-compatible Duet electronics enable control via a web-browser
- Wiring loom for simple plug-in connection – no soldering
- IR probing for self-aligned printing – no bed adjustment required
- Build volume: 200x200x200mm
- Overall size: 500x460x410mm
- Weight: 6 Kg
- Printing materials: ABS, PLA, 1.75mm diameter thermoplastic.
- Build surface: PCB-heated bed to reduce complexity of assembly and to ensure parts do not warp.
- Computer interfaces: USB and Ethernet
- X-carriage: Three Z-adjustable deposition head mounts; one head supplied
- Motion: Linear ball bearings on X, Y and Z axes.
- Pre-soldered electronics with built-in microSD card slot for standalone printing.
- Enhancements to the printed parts to improve the ease of assembly of the X and Y axes
There are many improvements over first Ormerod 3d printer:
Ormerod 2 is priced at £449 plus VAT (if applicable) for the full kit and £389 plus VAT (if applicable) for the the hardware only kits.
All the documentation, assembly guide, calibration guide and operation manual can be found at: