Many new printers are coming up in 2014. Micro 3d should be low cost printer priced at 199-299 USD. Limited information is available with no real videos or images. There will probably more data available when it's Kickstarted.
- USB supports Gcode (slicer)
- Filament diameter: 1.75mm
- External and internal filament ports
- Glowing LED indicator
- Layer accuracy: 50-350 microns
- Nozzle diamater: 450 microns
- X, Y Positioning accuracy: 15 microns
- Print height: 116mm (4.6")
- Base Print Area: 109mm x 113mm
- Print Area Above 74mm: 91mm x 84mm
- Supports: ABS, PLA, Wood, brick, professional
- Removable Print Bed Size: 128x128mm
Size and Weight
- Printer Dimensions: 185mm3
- Printer weight: 1kg (2.2 lbs)
- Package weight: 2kg (4.4 lbs)
- Carbon fiber rails
- Stainless steel rotation rods
- Glass filled ABS Body
- Aerospace grade ceramic Micro heater technology
- USB Compatible
- Use M3D Micro Pinter software
- Supports open source software
- File Types Supported: .stl, .obj, .xyz
- Compatible with Mac and PC
Micro had extremely successful Kickstarter campaign, they raised $3,401,361 pledged of their $50,000 goal. How is this possible for a machine without any realistic tests just on a promise of low price and "cool" design is beyond my comprehension. I hope they will deliver what they promised. With this amount of funding there will be completely new set of problems for them ...
They marketed Micro with "15 innovations" which are mostly non-innovations and most of them are just marketing statements or can be seen on other machines:
M3D has introduced many innovations in the field of filament-based 3D printing with the introduction of The Micro:
1. Most space-efficient 3D printer ever made.Let's see what the future holds ...
2. Light-weight, portable design fits nicely on your desk.
3. Micro motion chip provides completely automatic leveling and calibration.
4. Most quiet 3D printer ever made.
5. Lowest power consumption 3D printer ever made.
6. Carbon fiber rods: light, sturdy, self-lubricating and long-lasting
7. Ceramic heater for rapid heat-up, power efficiency, reliability and safety.
8. Bold colors. Choose from Silver, Black, Blue, RedOrange, and Green.
9. New filament materials like Chameleon PLA.
10. Inspirational Micro filament spools.
11. Modernized touch-capable software.
12. Replaceable print beds for alternative materials.
13. Replaceable nozzles for experimenters.
14. Designed for fast assembly in the US for quality control.
15. An ABS-based print bed allows you to print larger ABS parts.