RepRap Ormerod video presentation by Adrian Bowyer:
From product description:
The RepRapPro Ormerod is a monochrome 3D printer configured to work with one type of plastic at a time. However, the RepRapPro Ormerod head is fundamentally designed to work with three deposition heads and an upgrade kit will be available soon for this machine.
*The resolution is how fine a step the motors can make. The accuracy is how accurately the machine can position things. So the resolution is finer than the accuracy because the accuracy is influenced by other factors, for example how well the timing belt is manufactured.
- Full open-source self-replicating RepRap
- New 32-bit Arduino-compatible Duet electronics enable control via a web-browser
- Wiring loom for simple plug-in connection – no soldering
- IR probing for self-aligned printing – no bed adjustment required
- Build volume: 210x190x140mm
- Overall size: 500x460x410mm
- Printing materials: ABS, PLA, 1.75mm diameter thermoplastic.
- Build surface: PCB-heated bed to reduce complexity of assembly and to ensure parts do not warp.
- Computer interface: USB
- X-carriage: Three Z-adjustable deposition head mounts; one head supplied.
- Standard nozzle size: 0.5mm
- Accuracy: 0.1mm*
- Resolution: 0.0125mm*
- Building speed: 1,800 mm/min
- Moving speed: 12,000 mm/min
- Deposition rate: 33 cm3 / hr
- Motion: Linear ball bearings on X and Y axes, Igus low friction bushings on Z axis.
- Pre-soldered electronics with built-in microSD card slot for standalone printing.
- Enhancements to the printed parts to improve the ease of assembly of the X and Y axes
There is unclarity on build size since there are two sizes mentioned: 210x190x140mm (on RS page) and 200X200X200 (on RepRapPro description).
It is open source, so you can build it yourself, all files are available on:
Ormerod 2 is released with many improvements over this first model: