Da Vinci 1.0 technical specifications
- Technology: FFF (FUSED FILAMENT FABRICATION)
- Maximum build volume (WxHxD): 7.8W X 7.8H X 7.8D INCH (20 X 20 X 20 CM)
- Printing Mode: FINE: 0.1 MM (100 MICRONS); STD: 0.2 MM (200 MICRONS); SPEED: 0.3 MM (300 MICRONS); ULTRA FAST: 0.4 MM (400 MICRONS)
- Print Head: SINGLE NOZZLE (dual extruder models are announced by the company in the future)
- Nozzle Diameter: 0.4 MM
- Print Speed: 150 MM/s
- Filament Diameter: 1.75 MM
- Print Material: ABS
- Panel Type: 4 X 16 LCM
- Language: ENGLISH, JAPANESE
- Connectivity: USB 2.0
- Net Weight (Cartridges included): 51.9 IB/23.5 KG
- Price: 499 USD
- File Types: .stl, G code, XYZ Format
- OS Supports: Windows XP (.Net 4.0 required), Windows 7+, Mac OSX 10.8 64-bit +
Here are they on CES 2014
da Vinci 2.0 and 2.1 are announced:
Here is a full review of Da Vinci 1.0:
da Vinci proprietary filament can be reset and cheaper common standard filament used with cartridges and make the daily operation much cheaper. Here are tutorials, guides and software used for the procedure.
Arduino EEPROM reset:
Here is a reset solution and reseter kits you can buy for some 40 USD: http://wctek.com/xyz/
Is it legal? Is it copyright violation? Does it void guarantee? I don't have a clue ...
LATEST VERSION HACKED: http://www.wb6cqa.com/2016/01/hacking-xyz-davinci-jr.html
Da Vinci announced that hey will start to sell cheaper user replaceable ABS refill filament for their custom cartridges. It will be their filament and they will deliver it with a chip enabling the printer to recognize new spool. The refill will be sold in 25 - 27 USD range for 600g.
The company also announced that they will start to sell PLA filament also.
Here is the product page: http://us.xyzprinting.com/us_en/Product/ABS
Here is the how-to video:
Video guide on how to replace the nozzle / extruder / printhead on da Vinci 1.0: