There will be a lot of copyright issues raised with 3d scanners getting more widespread. All those action figures waiting to be scanned and shared...
Also: more and more projects are offering 3d printed with integrated 3d scanner (and other tools), MakerBot may loose it's edge here ...
- 8" x 8" (20.3 x 20.3 cm) scan size
- ± 2.0 mm dimensional accuracy
- 0.5 mm detail resolution
- Approximately 12 minutes scan speed
- 800 steps per rotation
- Artificial indoor lighting is optimal
- 6.6 lbs (3kg) maximum weight on turntable
- MakerWare for Digitizer software compatible with Windows 7+, Mac OSX (10.7+) and Linux (Ubuntu 12.04+)
- STL exported file type
- Two Class 1 laser line generators
- 1.3 megapixel camera
- USB connectivity
- 0.9° step angle with 1/16 micro-stepping stepper motor